Monday, June 28, 2010

Zagreb's Farmer's Market


The farmer’s market was spectacular - about the same size of  the one we went to in Turkey. I wandered around happily, checking out the food, smelling the wonderful, fresh fruits and veggies - it was heavenly! On a side note…there’s a great organic grocery store in town too - just down the street from where we stayed. I wish we had been staying there longer.
Note the picture of the woman weighing my purchase. It’s dark, I know, and I don’t have photoshop on this computer to adjust it. However, I want you to check out the scale…it’s a balance scale and they have the weights that they put on it to weigh your purchase. I’ve used these in the science lab and teaching kids but never have I seen them used anywhere else!

No comments:

Post a Comment