Saturday, September 26, 2009

Heading for Dubai

All my life I thought of Dubai as a city in the United Arab Emirates. Well…I was wrong. It’s actually an emirate (like a state) – one of the seven emirates that make up the UAE. It is the most populated one of the seven and the 2nd largest. See what you learn from someone living overseas??!! I know…now you want a map so you can tell where in the world we went….

We’re back the “-est” competition here. The Dubai Airport is the largest in the world by floor space. Don’t ask…I have no idea how else one would measure the size of an airport – though you could check on number of visitors (it’s 6th in the world) or cargo or….guess the list goes on. We were only in one very small section of it – complete with trees, waterfall and koi pond!

No comments:

Post a Comment